Friday 24 June 2011

Am I Dreaming?

Today is the day I was supposed to start maternity leave.  Ah, how lovely that would have been!  I would be having a baby in 5 weeks time!  I truly can't imagine that, but it would have been real.  It was real.  Well, it would have been real.  It doesn't feel real.  Was it ever real?

Or am I dreaming?

I thought I would be a bit of a mess when this day came.  But I'm not.  I'm fine.  I feel normal.  I think it's because it all feels like a dream.  Not the fertility issues part - I have too many blood tests for that not to feel real.  But the 'I was pregnant' part (3 times!!).  That part feels like a dream.  It feels like it never was.  I never got those two lines on that test; I never had those niggly pains in my tummy; I never felt like I had to constantly eat to allay the nausea; I never called our bub 'Pea'; I never seriously thought about baby names; I never started bleeding; I never got that bad pain; I never had that miscarriage... (or 3).

But I did - I did do all those things.  It just feels like it was all in a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment