Friday 23 December 2011

Boo

It was a pleasure to escape the mad crowds of Christmas by wandering quietly through Mothercare.  The crowds and queues did not encroach on this peaceful space and it gave me some quiet time to wander through and look at the myriad options you can buy for your baby (most totally unnecessary, I'm sure - but fun nonetheless).

I found myself browsing through the pram section.  I knew I would eventually have to find a pram I like, and now, with a new job starting and maternity leave shortened, I will need to make this purchase in the next few weeks.  So I began familiarising myself with the offerings.

I already have an idea of what my perfect pram will be.  Although I'm not sure the vision will match the perfect price tag.  It doesn't take me long to dismiss a pram - too wide, too heavy, doesn't lay flat, no basket, just ugly.  None of them really seem just right.  Until I turn around and spy one style, separated from the others.  It looks promising.  I wander over and start taking it in.

Tick
Tick
Tick
Tick

Hmmm, nice pram.  Pretty much perfect.  Wow, it is perfect.  What's the name?  Oh, it's a Bugaboo Cameleon.  I don't think I want to look at the price tag, but I do...

Ouch.

Boo to the Bugaboo.

No comments:

Post a Comment