Tuesday 13 September 2011

Murphy's Law

A while ago, I wrote a post called 'Life on Hold'.  I decided that I would no longer plan things around 'I can't do that because I might be pregnant' and so I started a garden.  I have this enormous dead patch of grass ringing my bare yard now, just calling out for plants and I had been eagerly researching plants and designing the layout of the native tropical garden I am intending to grow.  My plan was to plant it out day by day during the next school holidays - it would be spring - lovely weather and perfect time to grow plants!

Well, Murphy's Law - I fell pregnant!  I am so so happy to be pregnant, but I do find it funny that as soon as I planned something that I could only do if I wasn't pregnant, I fell pregnant.  Hmmm... maybe I should have organised this garden a long time ago.  Some of you may think - 'why on earth can't she plant a garden?'  Well, fair enough, but I am a little precious now with this being pregnant business.  I would like it to last more than 10 weeks!  40 or so, preferably.  I have no idea why I keep miscarrying so I just avoid EVERYTHING that could have the tiniest teeniest chance of contributing.  So that means no lifting heavy plants, no digging, and no hands in the dirt.  That kind of rules out gardening!  Luckily, my family are also precious about my pregnancy and they have all offered to come and plant my garden for me in a big working bee! 

So those plans haven't been thrown out the window after all - and I will soon have my beautiful garden, thanks to my amazing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment