Friday 3 February 2012

Worry

Hubby and I recently returned from our babymoon... it's a strange name really, as the honeymoon comes after the wedding, but the babymoon comes before the baby.  Hey - it's just an excuse for a holiday really.  Our last holiday as a couple.

We headed off to Tasmania and had an absolute ball - what a beautiful island it is with so much to see and do.  We stayed 10 days but could have stayed 6 weeks!  We will revisit one day with our kid/s.

I'm now almost 30 weeks pregnant.  And pretty relaxed and excited.  I didn't realise how much I still read signs though.  Whilst on holidays, I noticed that I wasn't feeling bubs very much.  I had never actually noted exactly when she was active or for how long, but when it changed, I knew.  She still seemed to be active at about the same times each day, but instead of getting movement over a good 20 minute stretch, I would get one poke and that was it.  I would feel a poke and think - "ooh, is that her?" then wait for the next poke that never came.  I sometimes doubted if I had really felt her at all.  After the first day of noticing this, I mentioned it to my hubby, then after the second day I mentioned it again.  I think we had three days of very few movements, and we were far away from my obstetrician.  I started to consider what I might do and when I might do it.  I decided after another day of quietness, I would just go to a hospital emergency department.

Luckily, it didn't come to that.  That night, she started kicking up a storm.  It was bliss.  Hubby confessed that he had been really worried, and wanted to let me know he was worried, as support, but didn't want to show too much worry as he didn't want to freak me out.  He hit the nail on the head - I knew he was worried, which was wonderful, but not enough to freak me out.  Wow, I got lucky with him.

Since that quiet time, I have been soaking up all the movement and activity I can get.  And lucky me, she's getting more active.  She stays awake for two hour stretches now so I get lots of fun!  I know it will slow down again soon as she gets too big to move much.  But I'll be expecting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment