Tuesday 24 May 2011

Pram Stalker

During my first pregnancy, at about 6 weeks along, a friend offered to sell me her pram.  It was really cheap so I bought it.  Although I knew it was way early, and I had no idea about prams, the offer was too good to refuse.  I then became slightly obsessed with prams.

The pram I have has a toddler seat, is quite big, sturdy and great for uneven ground and jogging, but it's really heavy, and I'm not sure it'd fit down cashier aisles.  It also takes up almost the entire space in my boot and I may just put my back out getting it in there.

That's when I started noticing prams.

I didn't realise I was doing it at first.  I'd be at the local shopping centre (where, if you are pregnant or trying to conceive, you'd swear 80% of the population was pregnant or had babies!), and I'd see a pram and casually take note of its features.  I liked the smaller ones, lighter frame, still with decent storage.  Ooh, and can you put two kids in it?  Do you kick your feet on it when you're pushing?  Can you reverse the handle?  Does it look like it'll fold up quickly?  Wow, that colour's nice... what pram is that?

One day, I found myself leering at a particularly nice looking pram, ticked lots of boxes - the doting mother and father passed me head on.  I suddenly screeched to a halt, in the middle of a busy shopping centre, spun around, bag flying and raced after said pram - just to see what brand it was...  people were ducking and weaving to avoid the crazy woman racing after two strangers and their pram.

That's when I realised I had a problem.

I am a pram stalker.

No comments:

Post a Comment